Writers Support Writers

4 Jul

003Let’s start with the quote and then build off of it.

“Independence? That’s middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth.”  George Bernard Sha

Good morning, or good afternoon, and thank you for returning once again to the writer’s site that wants nothing more than to help you on your writing journey.

Happy 4th of July to you all, and I hope you have some special plans in store for today.  Me, I think I’ll write. LOL

As for the quote….I love it.  We are all dependent on one another…true words those!

I have written often that writing is a lonely profession, but it really doesn’t have to be.  On the writer’s site HubPages alone there are over 100,000 writers and I’d venture to guess there are millions in the world. With the internet we now have access to so many writers, that the concept of aloneness seems a bit strange.

I have made no secret of the fact that the only reason I am still on HubPages is because of the friends I have made there. Similarly, the only reason I have this blog is to help my writing friends.

Have you reached out and helped another writer today? Who knows whether a kind word from you might be just what another writer needs today?  Give it a try and support each other.

Do one thing to improve your writing each week.  That is your new goal.  It may be to use metaphors more often. It may be to submit articles to magazines.  Maybe it will be to write 1000 words per day for a week.  Do something that will make you a better writer, and start today.

SITE OF THE DAY

Daily Writing Tips can be found here….just in case my tips aren’t enough for you in one day. J

CONTEST OF THE DAY

The Earth Vision Writing Contest can be found here.  Short stories with the environment as the theme. I believe the deadline is November 1st so you have lots of time.

fourth of july

I didn’t have my own picture of fireworks so I borrowed this one from the internet.

MORE ON FRIDAY

I’m making this short today because I still have a ton of work for customers and I want to at least barbecue this afternoon.  I hope you all have a fantabulous 4th of July, and if you live in another country then have a great one anyway.

14 Responses to “Writers Support Writers”

1. Cyndi July 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

Barbecue…hmm…let’s see…clean the house, a blog post…and digging LOTS of ditches and moving rocks. *maybe* we’ll do something 4th-of-July-ish. HAHAH

• Billybuc July 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

I doubt we will but one can always hope, Cyndi! Thanks for stopping by.

2. Kelly Umphenour July 4, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

I’m going to also BBQ and watch the fireworks and then – I will be watching all the police writing tickets to all those guys shooting the fireworks! LOL

• Billybuc July 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

Kelly, it’s been quiet here so far. They are really cracking down on citizens firing off explosives, and it is really very mild around here. We’ll see what happens as the day progresses.

Have a great day!

3. Susan Zutautas July 4, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

Happy 4th Bill!

• Billybuc July 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Susan that is very nice of you. Thank you! I almost said the same to you and then realized where you live. LOL

4. Janine Huldie July 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

I am sorry I haven’t gotten here sooner, but do agree that is a huge reason I stay on Hubpages and make no mistake you are on the top of that list. Seriously hope you are done for the day and enjoying the evening now!! Happy 4th of July again!! 🙂

• Billybuc July 4, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

Janine, you never owe me an apology. I hope you have enjoyed the holiday with your family….thank you for taking the time to visit.

5. Jim Higgins July 5, 2013 at 3:19 am #

Thanks Bill! I will look into that contest. I entered the Narrative Poetry contest this week.

• Billybuc July 5, 2013 at 3:21 am #

Hey Jim, Happy 4th, and good for you for entering the contests…I love to hear stuff like that. 🙂

6. i'mkarn July 6, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

Hey Billy – Happy belated 4th to you, my friend! While i’d love to see you take a day off, i do very much enjoy your musings on this site! You’re right – writing is lonely, but, we are not alone!

• Billybuc July 6, 2013 at 10:38 pm #

Ah, Leslie, thanks for the 4th well-wishes. I’ll have you know I take Saturday and Sunday off each week, so weep not for me. 🙂 Thanks as always my friend and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

7. Dee July 7, 2013 at 5:02 am #

I read this earlier, but wanted to comment on the site. If it were not for other writers, such as yourself, I would never have attempted Hubpages. So thankful for all the support.

• Billybuc July 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

Dianna, I was completely lost when I signed up for HubPages, and I have written before that I would have quit after a month if it were not for the encouragement I received from other Hubbers early on. I’m glad if I have helped you in some way.