Teamwork in Writing

17 Jul

003Good morning my friends!  How are you today?

I’d like to spend a few minutes talking about collaboration, or in our case, working with other writers on a project.  First our quote of the day and then I will expand on this thought a bit.

Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
Mattie Stepanek

I’ll just lay this idea out there and let you think about it for a moment or two….I would love to collaborate on a project with any of you.  It could be a co-written article, or a joint blog, or whatever else strikes your fancy.  I think it would be fun and I also think it would be beneficial to both of us.

Why?

Think of it as a way to expand your viewer base, or think of it as a way to learn from each other, or think of it as a way to become more creative….whatever the case, I’m all for sharing knowledge and talent.  If you think this is something you would be interested in then drop me an email at holland1145@yahoo.com and let’s discuss it.  Okay?  Fantastic!

IDEA OF THE DAY

Would you be interested in joining a writer’s forum if I started one?  It would be a place where we could meet on a regular basis, share ideas, answer questions, ask questions, brainstorm, whatever!  If that sounds like something you could dig then tell me in your comments.  I don’t want to go to the bother of setting one up if nobody is interested.

What does it take to get accepted by an editor, publisher or agent?  Here are what I believe to be the top five necessities:

) good writing
2) good querying,
3) good timing,
4) good match of an agent’s knowledge to yours,
5) and luck.

Just sayin’

teamwork

Get it? It has to do with teamwork.

MORE TOMORROW

I’m a little pressed for time today so you get off easy today.  Let me know what you think about the collaborative project and also about the writer’s forum.  As always, thanks for dropping by.  You are appreciated.

8 Responses to “Teamwork in Writing”

1. Janine Huldie July 17, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

I would love to collaborate, but I truly don’t seem to have enough time in the day for all I have taken on lately. So, I wouldn’t want to commit and not be able to follow through right now. Maybe in the future, we could do something, because I truly do respect you as a writer and friend, too!! Hoping your day is going good now, too!! 🙂

• Billybuc July 17, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Janine, I’ll be around whenever you find the time….well, hopefully I’ll be around and not dead. LOL Thanks for the visit and go take care of birthday business.

2. Stephanie July 17, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

Hi Billybuc! I’m here from hubpages and really enjoying your blog. I’d be interested in joining a forum; let me know if you need help starting one. I’d also be willing to collaborate on something, but can’t immediately commit. I enjoy your reflections and like to write about backcountry Hawai’i (rural life), common people, cultural traditions, spirituality and trying to make sense of it all. I am a child of the 60’s, after all. On hubpages, I’m trying to carve out a niche about Hawai’i and travel. Hope you have a nice day and keep writing! Aloha, Stephanie

• Billybuc July 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

Hey Stephanie, thanks for checking in. That’s great about the forum and collaborating. Let me know when time allows and we’ll kick some ideas around.

3. Melanie Chisnall July 18, 2013 at 6:29 am #

Yes, yes, yes! I would join your forum in a heartbeat Bill. Super idea my friend 🙂

• Billybuc July 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

Great Mel…thanks for weighing in on the idea.

4. Shauna July 21, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

I think a writers forum with you at the helm is an awesome idea. I would gladly join. I’m trying to learn as much as I can in order to move forward. Joining a writers forum is recommended not only by you, Bill, but by other research I’ve done. I say go for it!

• Billybuc July 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

Thanks Sha! I’ll see what I can do with the time I have.