Writing Inspiration

19 Jul

003Happy Friday all my writing friends!

What shall we do today?

Someone asked me recently where I get my inspiration for articles.  Read the quote and then we’ll chat some more about inspiration.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

That’s two days in a row I’ve used a quote from a politician.  That concerns me on so many levels. LOL

Back to inspiration….where do I get the inspiration for articles?  I honestly don’t know how to answer that.  Inspiration is all around me.  I can be walking along and see a mother holding her little baby and an idea comes to me.  Yesterday I heard an old song I hadn’t heard for a long time and an article popped into my head.  It can be a sentence by someone or it can be a hawk flying overhead.

I think everyone has an unlimited number of articles inside of them, but so many times they are not receptive to the subconscious message being sent to the creative center of the brain.

Listen, if you are a writer then we know you have creativity….I think finding a way to become more receptive is the key.  The more I settle into my life as a writer, the more aware I am of things happening around me.  The colors are more vibrant, the emotions more raw and the imagination more in tune with my creative pursuits.

If I could give you a road map to the corner of “Creativity and Inspiration” I would, but I think the road map is already inside each and every one of you.

Yellowstone 2009 019

Cool pic from Yellowstone.  Take a look…clear your mind…what does it remind you of? What events in your past relate to this picture? What memories does it unlock?

COOL PLACE OF THE DAY

I just found this site…they have a contest monthly for freestyle writers, no entry fee….you should probably check them out…Freestyle Writers.com

SITE OF THE DAY

The Writer Magazine is a helpful resource of ideas. I read it often and you might want to do the same. You can find it here.

Spend fifteen minutes each day in inspiration mode.  Go off by yourself and listen to some music. Go for a walk in the woods.  Look at some art.  Read a book.  Sit in the park and listen to conversations. Observe passersby….all are excellent ways to unleash the ideas that are inside of you.

LET’S NOT OVERDO IT TODAY

It is, after all, Friday, so I’ll leave you for this week and catch up with you on Monday.  Also, on Monday I will be unleashing upon the unsuspecting my newest blog called “A Moment With Bill.”  It will be my creative blog where I can write in the style I love so much, and I hope you join me for some reflections about life.

Have a great weekend and remember to do something nice for yourself.  You have earned it.

14 Responses to “Writing Inspiration”

1. Liz July 19, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Billy for Prez.

• Billybuc July 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Aww Lizzy, and here I thought you liked me. Why would you wish that job on someone you care about? LOL

Have a great weekend, Lizzy, and take care of that soap dish and don’t break it.

2. Janine Huldie July 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

Happy Friday. Awesome picture of inspiration today and hoping you have a great weekend. And again looking forward to your newest addition on Monday!! 🙂

• Billybuc July 19, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

Thank you Janine….great weekend ahead for both of us, hopefully. 🙂

3. Deb Neyens July 19, 2013 at 6:12 pm #

I love that John Adams quote, Bill. When I went through the Leadership Iowa program a few years ago, I had to give a short presentation about myself and my leadership philosophy. I selected that quote to use in my presentation.

• Billybuc July 19, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

How cool, Deb! It is a great quote for sure, and I love that you attended a Leadership program and that you are sending in submissions….you are on the right track my friend.

4. Melanie Chisnall July 21, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Thank you Bill for my weekend inspiration 🙂 I’m going to need it for next week. Not saying too much in case I jinx it. Have a lovely Sunday! (The sun is shining here today and it feels like Spring! 🙂 )

• Billybuc July 21, 2013 at 3:13 pm #

Well Mel, you are leaving me hanging. Give me a hint at least. I’m dying to know what you are up to now. 🙂

5. grandma pearl July 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

Billy, I have been aching to get over here, and finally made it! I’m so glad I did. You have hit upon something that jarred me awake. After thinking about why I have to struggle for inspiration at times, I have concluded that I am so busy running around doing my daily necessary stuff, the door to my inspiration room is only ajar. I need to make sure to leave it all the way open!
    Thanks for yet another ‘Light Bulb’ moment, my friend 😉 Pearl
    By the way, this blog is absolutely beautiful. Your background photo gives me all kinds of inspiration!

• Billybuc July 21, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

Connie, it’s so nice to have you stop by. Your comment could have been written by any number of people. I think we get so busy with life that we don’t give ourselves the opportunity to allow inspiration to enter….I think fifteen minutes of down time in your backyard listening to some wonderful music would do wonders for you. Stop and smell the ideas. 🙂

6. janjohnsen July 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm #

Inspiration = breathing in. Breathing in all the beauty around us. savoring the moment. thank you!

• Billybuc July 22, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

Jan, good of you to stop by and yes, savor those precious moments that can be gone in a heartbeat.

7. Kelly Umphenour July 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

Hey Bill – I knew this would be a great place to try to start catching up! You’re always so motivating…thanks for that too!

• Billybuc July 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

My pleasure, Kelly; it’s good to have you back, and thank you!