Reach Out and Touch Someone

30 Jul

003And a very Happy Wednesday to you all!

First of all, I need to thank my dear friend Cyndi for allowing me to guest blog on her site yesterday.  You can see that by following this link.  Cyndi, you are a good friend, and it was an honor to share some thoughts with your audience.

When it comes to partnership, some humans can make their lives alone – it’s possible. But creatively, it’s more like painting: you can’t just use the same colours in every painting. It’s just not an option. You can’t take the same photograph every time and live with art forms with no differences.

Ben Harper

I’ve made this offer before, but let me make it again.  If you would like to guest post here, please, just drop me a line.  In the coming weeks my friend Melanie will be a guest here, and shortly after that Christy will do the same.  I am a big believer in writers helping each other.  I also believe we need each other.  We gain strength from those who have travelled the same path, and the life of a writer isn’t quite as lonely as long as we have each other to lean on and learn from.

Reach out to someone and form a friendship in the writing world.  I have several close online friends who I rely on, and I would like to think they feel the same way about me. I cherish those friendships.  Give it a try.  You just might like it.

christmas 2012 014

Remember a special Christmas you spent in your past.  We are approaching the deadline for Christmas articles, and maybe remembering a special holiday will help you to write the perfect Christmas article that will knock the socks off some magazine editor.

CONTEST OF THE DAY

A non-fiction book contest with a deadline of October 15thFind it here.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

As you may know, I’m debating how many times per week to write this blog. I can either do three short ones like this one, or one long, expanded one each week.  You decide, please.  Leave me your vote in the comment section.

MORE ON FRIDAY

That’s it for today.  Get busy!  There are words to be written.book cover

24 Responses to “Reach Out and Touch Someone”

1. Janine Huldie July 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

I love the friendship tip and just so glad we are indeed friends. And again very much enjoyed your guest post over at Cyndi’s yesterday, too. Have a wonderful day once again, Bill!! 🙂

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

Thank you Janine. This post definitely was not for you. You know all about helping and reaching out.

2. Shauna L Bowling July 30, 2014 at 2:18 pm #

Bill, writer friendships are so important. We bounce ideas off each other, share information that will benefit our trade and business endeavors, support each other, and sometimes send silly emails that have nothing to do with writing – just to break up the day and say “hi, I’m thinking of you”.

About the frequency of this post, that’s up to you. I know that’s not what you’re looking for, but you need to do what’s comfortable for you. We’ll be here whether it’s once a week or three times a week.

Enjoy your day. Now, I’ve got to go. Lots of research to do for my next blog post.

Oh – thanx for the link to Cyndi’s site. I’ll go check it out.

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 2:19 pm #

Thanks, Sha, and you are right…in the end, it is up to me and my comfort level. Good luck with the new blog post…I’ll be there when you finish it.

3. Denise Anderson July 30, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Personally, I prefer receiving posts once a week. I don’t get a lot of time to read in between work, family, and my own writing commitments. When I receive them more often, I end up having to pick and choose which ones to read rather than enjoying them all.

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

Denise, that’s helpful. Thank you and I think I’m leaning in that direction.

4. Ruchira Khanna July 30, 2014 at 4:24 pm #

yup…a writer gotta help another writer 🙂

Happy Wednesday and let me hop onto Cyndi’s blog!

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

Hop away, Ruchira, and thank you.

5. luranabrown July 30, 2014 at 5:43 pm #

Hi Bill,
    You work harder than anyone I know to make personal connections with your fellow writers, and I thank you…even when I’m not around as much (like lately) I appreciate your friendly accessibility and great stories. If you’re still tallying votes, I’d cast mine for weekly frequency. Hope all is well, especially with the quail :-). ~Lurana

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 5:48 pm #

Lurana, how nice to see you. Thank you for taking the time to chat a bit, and for your vote and kind words. The quail are doing quite well. We’ve managed to keep them all alive through infancy. 🙂

• luranabrown July 30, 2014 at 5:54 pm #

That is a victory! I wish you the best with them…and your book and everything else.

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

Thank you, Lurana, and I hope your summer has been a good one and that you are well.

6. Christy Birmingham July 30, 2014 at 6:27 pm #

Hi Bill, Hope all is well with you today! Your guest post at Cyndi’s site was a nice surprise yesterday 🙂 As for number of posts, I like short ones a few times a week versus one long one each week. That’s my vote. Hugs!

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 6:43 pm #

And I appreciate your vote, Christy. Thank you, and all is well in my little corner of the world. Hope you are doing well.

hugs,
      bill

7. pictimilitude July 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm #

That was entirely fun. And…so sorry I hadn’t been over here…omg…I had no idea this one was going…for some reason I thought you just had your main author site. Oh boy, lol.
    Sending hugs, Big Bro. Hope your day has been awesome.

• Billybuc July 30, 2014 at 11:55 pm #

No biggie, Cyndi…I post the same thing on both sites, mainly because when I switched some people didn’t switch with me. LOL It’s been a good day lil Sis…thanks, and I hope yours was as well.

8. Melanie Chisnall July 31, 2014 at 9:16 am #

This made me smile today 🙂 I cherish the few online friendships I’ve made too over the last two or three years and I am so glad to call you a friend and mentor. Honestly, you’ve taught me so much – not just about writing, but about being a human and LIVING life!! I hope you’re having a wonderful day that side! It’s another spring day here in winter… but, hey, I’m not complaining!

• Billybuc July 31, 2014 at 2:04 pm #

Mel, I feel the same way about you. I knew almost instantly that you were a person I would love to meet one day. I love your outlook on life, and we share some things that we think are important in life. Thank you for your friendship.

9. Suzanne Ridgeway July 31, 2014 at 1:34 pm #

Hi Bill, Having close online buddies and forging those friendships that go beyond the norm are so important to me. You are the one that got me through that barrier of silence after my surgeries, even though you didn’t realize it. I would like to see you blog 3 times I think but if it’s a biggy of once . . . I know I will get my fix daily on HP!

• Billybuc July 31, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

Suzie, I am humbled…thank you….honestly, Irish, I pushed you a little out of selfishness…I missed you. I know things have been hard, and there will still be trials, but dammit, I don’t like my friends disappearing. 🙂 I’m glad you are back my friend. Punch Mick in the shoulder for me and tell him I even miss him. LOL

10. Leslie July 31, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

Short but sweet today Bill bro..
    Have a great end of weekxx

• Billybuc July 31, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

Hugs coming your way, Sis! Thank you.

11. Dee August 2, 2014 at 4:51 pm #

I am so behind on reading blogs. But with vacation over, I am eager to catch up on all the wonderful posts, such as yours, out there. You have reminded me of how close Christmas is and the need to think ahead on writing content. Thank you. Also, I do enjoy blogs once a week (my teaching schedule eats away at my free time) and the evenings I when I can sit with a cup of coffee and enjoy the posts. Hope you and Bev are having a great weekend.

• Billybuc August 2, 2014 at 4:57 pm #

Thank you Dianna. I hope you had a wonderful vacation. I think I’ll do the blog twice a week…the perfect compromise. 🙂