A Little Self Promotion

2 Apr

More naps these days

A little self-promotion if you don’t mind . . .

The fifth novel in my Shadow series, The Magician’s Shadow, will be published in a week, give or take a day or two.  For those of you not aware of this series, I would categorize it as paranormal/action/thriller in genre.  I did not start out with a series in mind, but I took such a fancy to the main characters that I could not bear to say goodbye to them after the first novel, so here we are now, with #5 in the hopper.

I have no idea when I’ll start in on the sixth in the series. I have a different novel I want to write first, a reflection thriller about life in the 60’s.  I promised myself that novel would be the next I write, and I aim to keep that promise, so Eli, Liz, Striker, and the others from the Shadow series will just have to live their lives without my interference for a year.

I wish I was younger.  I started writing so late in life, and now the sun is setting and I doubt all the books inside of me will see the light of day.  Of course, all writers can say the same thing, right?  I’ve got a few good years left in me, so I’ll kick out as many books as possible and just be satisfied with what I accomplish.

So a short one this week.  I’ve got other things to do, so you’ll have to excuse me as I duck out of this blog and get busy elsewhere.  Have a great week doing what it is you do.  Whatever you do please, do it with love, passion, and compassion.  Life is just too short for hatred or complacency.

31 Responses to “A Little Self Promotion”

1. Janine Huldie April 2, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

Loved the self-promotion here and definitely think you my friend are amazing writer and person. So, definitely toot your own horn when you can as you are more than entitled, too. That said, Happy Tuesday now and wishing you great day ahead 🙂

• Billybuc April 2, 2019 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks so much, Janine, and Happy Tuesday to you as well.

2. Mike April 2, 2019 at 1:49 pm #

Hi Bill – Good luck with the roll out of the fifth in this series.

• Billybuc April 2, 2019 at 2:25 pm #

Thanks a bunch, Mike! Your cover will draw people in for sure.

3. explorereikiworld April 2, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Bill as a self published author, we need to toot our horn.

I wish you the best.

4. Lori Colbo April 2, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

A very tasteful self-promotion.

• Billybuc April 2, 2019 at 4:33 pm #

I appreciate that, Lori…thank you!

5. Michael Milec April 3, 2019 at 1:21 am #

One of those natural things in this earthly endeavor is “self-promotion”. It takes an apple tree a years of growth, before by a self promotion highlights its fruits. A home building industry depends much on self promotion of its product… The same do the writers. Yes, by a promotion-propagation the whole world is discovering a hidden valuables – offered by my friend – best undiscovered writer Billybuc

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

Thank you Michael my friend. Your words of wisdom and kind support are greatly appreciated. Blessings to you always.

6. Sageleaf April 3, 2019 at 2:48 am #

Big Bro, I just love your enthusiasm and zest for life. You’re an inspiration to many and I’m so glad to know you. Those series books are great ones to write. It gets folks hooked on the characters. 🙂
    And well, you’re a pretty amazing writer. And I’m not just saying that. 🙂
    Sending you hugs from the eastern divide and I hope you have a great week!

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

Awww thanks Lil Sis….you brought a smile to this old face, and that gift is invaluable.

7. Shannon Henry April 3, 2019 at 4:02 am #

Congratulations on the completion of your latest! Someday. I keep telling myself someday. . .I’ll have mine finished.

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

You will be, Shannon, when your plate isn’t so full Have faith.

8. Sue Dreamwalker April 3, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

Nothing wrong with self promotion Bill, and sounds like that is an awesome series, and why kill of a good group of friends 🙂 when they obviously have so much more to teach as you delve deeper into their lives.. 😀
    Enjoy your writing time Bill… Today I sat in my laptop with the intention of writing a blog post.. Here I am four hours later still working my way down the reader in WP.. lol..
    And my fingers have done anything but write what I my intentions started with.. Yet still I find lots to talk about Hehe…
    Happy Writing after all those chores… Take care Bill.. 😀

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

it happens that way sometimes, Sue. Usually what you described happens for me on Fridays. That’s the day I try to catch up on extra stuff, tackle that old to-do list, but instead get sidetracked with social media.

Enjoy the rest of your week, my friend. Thank you for finding the time to visit.

9. Sarah Potter Writes April 3, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

Congratulations, Bill! My admiration for your perseverance and productivity is great. I loved your first book in the series, but admit to not having got around to reading book 2, which I promised you I would do ages back. You are a shining example of someone with great talent and focus. I’m still out of focus and not believing in myself, which is not good when it goes on for so long. Just wishing I could plug into your enthusiasm and drive, like plugging into a dynamo for a recharge. I’m very proud of you, my dear friend.

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 3:30 pm #

Sarah, that is very kind of you. Don’t believe in yourself? You are a very talented writer, Sarah. If you ever need a verbal plug-in, give me a call. I’ll re-charge your self-esteem batteries.

• Sarah Potter Writes April 3, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

Thank you, Bill 🙂 Maybe I can write but am just hopeless at selling the stuff. The trouble is that there are many people out there (sometimes by certain members of your own family) who judge the worth of your creative ventures by their commercial success, rather than by the love and hard work that went into producing your work. This is what’s beginning to undermine my enjoyment of what I once loved doing.

• Billybuc April 3, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

Sarah, it’s a fairly common refrain among us writers. Most of my family never reads my articles and books. My son has only read one of my novels…heck, Bev doesn’t read my novels, and she loves me deeply. I don’t know what it is about that, but it most definitely can be discouraging.

Chin up my talented friend.

10. phoenix2327 April 3, 2019 at 5:03 pm #

(Tick, tock, tick, tock)

That’s just me counting down to release date. 🙂

The next novel you’ve got planned sounds like my cup of tea. So don’t waste any more time talking to me and hit the keyboard. 😀

Take care, Bill.

• Billybuc April 4, 2019 at 1:43 pm #

Zulma, I think I’ll get it uploaded today….crossing my fingers…tick, tock…LOL

Happy Thursday my friend!

11. 1authorcygnetbrown April 4, 2019 at 12:19 am #

Congratulations on your new book!

12. dogs4everr April 4, 2019 at 12:48 pm #

Cant wait for the new book!
    And yes, you should always do the things you love with compassion. I do acting down in Manchester TN at the Manchester Arts Center. That place changed my life! It helped me open up to people and its helping me in my career to become an actor myself 😀
    Anyways,
    take care Bill 🙂

• Billybuc April 4, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

That is so cool! I send you best wishes on that career. Thanks for sharing that, my friend. Have a fabulous Thursday!

13. Shauna L Bowling April 4, 2019 at 6:40 pm #

Do what you need to do. We’ll be here when you get back!

• Billybuc April 5, 2019 at 1:41 pm #

Thank you Sha…..one foot in front of the other.

14. Andrea Stephenson April 5, 2019 at 7:36 am #

Congratulations on the birth of another novel Bill, you’re definitely making the most of getting your work out there!

• Billybuc April 5, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

I’m trying, Andrea! Thank you for the encouragement. Have a brilliant weekend!