Sharing Talent from Across the Pond

26 Nov

More naps these days

I don’t know how much blog-hopping any of you do.  I follow maybe ten blogs.  Time, or lack thereof, prevents me from following more, but at least the ten I do follow are of high quality, and at least I am able to show some support to ten talented writers.

I would like to give a shout out to one of those writers today . . . Andrea Stephenson . . . and her blog “Harvesting Hecate.”  You can find it by following this link:

Andrea is a gifted writer, and I don’t write those words casually.  Perhaps I relate to her writing because there is a somberness, or melancholy,  underlining everything she writes, but I prefer to think it’s because she is a true craftsman (or is that craftsperson?).

From her recent offering, Wounded, I give you this excerpt:

“I have always appreciated the power of the dark and the things that are revealed there.  Darkness is fertile ground, a place for dreaming.  But this season I have dreaded it.  I have dreaded that long spread of days when the only daylight is diffused through my office window.  And yet in dreading it, I have embraced it.  At the year’s turn, I stood in darkness and welcomed it and it hasn’t been something to fear after all.”

As you well know, the internet is overflowing with wannabe writers, so it really is a joy to come across someone who respects the art of writing, who obviously works at it, and who continually churns out work of very high quality. I strongly recommend you stop by Andrea’s site and take a look at what great writing looks like.

That’s really all I’ve got for you this week.  My memoirs are stumbling along. I thought I would be done with them by year’s end, but now I see I have to re-write a couple chapters, so I may have to revise that timeline.  Oh well, it will be done when it is done and not a minute before. J

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for your friendship!

28 Responses to “Sharing Talent from Across the Pond”

1. divalounger November 26, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

What a wonderful excerpt. On my way to check out her work. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving Bill!!

• Billybuc November 26, 2019 at 4:36 pm #

Thank you my friend, and I hope you have a week of thanks and love as well.

2. marlenebertrand November 26, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

Thank you for sharing, Bill. That truly is exquisite writing. A wonderful treat.

Much love being sent your way. I hope you have a delightful Thanksgiving.

• Billybuc November 26, 2019 at 5:41 pm #

I’m glad you liked it, Marlene, and much love heading your way. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your husband.

3. Sarah Potter Writes November 26, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

Dear Bill, I’ve been following Andrea for a very long time and agree with every word you’ve said about her. Her blog is listed amongst my favourite ones, too. Her posts are a joy to read — the way she so skilfully weaves her thought-provoking words around the seasons and illustrates what she’s saying with her beautifully atmospheric nature pictures.

• Billybuc November 26, 2019 at 6:16 pm #

Thank you Sarah! I suspect I discovered her through you, so I thank you for that introduction. She is a pure joy, as are you, and one rather large regret is that I’ll never meet either of you in person.

Best wishes to you for this new week….hugs of course!

• Sarah Potter Writes November 26, 2019 at 6:30 pm #

You never know, Bill. Maybe you’ll meet one or both of us. It only takes one or the three of us getting a decent publishing contract to make a little globe-trotting permissible. That being said, I have a terrible fear of flying to overcome.

Best wishes to you for this week, too, and sending you a big hug 🙂

• Andrea Stephenson November 26, 2019 at 8:09 pm #

I’m pretty sure it was Sarah who introduced me to you!

4. Lori Colbo November 26, 2019 at 6:17 pm #

Thanks for sharing Andrea. She is talented indeed.

• Billybuc November 27, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

You are welcome, Lori. Thanks for checking her out.

5. Andrea Stephenson November 26, 2019 at 8:08 pm #

Bill thank you so much for your very kind words. It was a great surprise to read this today and I’m very grateful for your ongoing support. Thank you!

• Billybuc November 27, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

I’m so happy you enjoyed my words about you, Andrea. You really are a superb writer.

6. 1authorcygnetbrown November 26, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

I just wanted to say thank you for following me too! I am very grateful for your comments. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Billybuc November 27, 2019 at 2:50 pm #

It is my pleasure, Donna! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

7. Susan Zutautas November 26, 2019 at 10:18 pm #

Heading over there now, Bill. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. We already had ours but I may just cook a turkey on Thursday.

• Billybuc November 27, 2019 at 2:50 pm #

Thank you Susan! Enjoy that turkey and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you.

8. manatita Hutchinson November 27, 2019 at 3:13 pm #

A beautiful piece from Andrea! What did you say she’s called? A craftswoman … a writress? Ha ha. It’s good to laugh Bro.

Have a great evening.

• Billybuc November 27, 2019 at 6:08 pm #

That works for me, Manatita! 🙂 Thank you my friend!

9. nightlake November 28, 2019 at 10:51 am #

The writing is very deep and meaningful in Andrea’s post. Looking forward to reading more of her posts. Thank you, Bill, for sharing

• Billybuc November 28, 2019 at 3:07 pm #

I always want to share quality, nightlake…thank you for checking Andrea out, and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

• nightlake November 29, 2019 at 1:59 am #

Happy Thanksgiving to you:)

10. Sageleaf November 28, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

I love reading a good piece of writing. I will have to take a look. 🙂 In the meantime, whew…I’m taking my own little hiatus from my website and letting myself rest. “Rest” in the sense that I’m reading more, journaling more, working on house projects, helping with my mother in law, doing more at the day job, helping others with digital marketing stuff. This life…never a dull moment, right? hehe. Sending you big hugs, Big Bro, all the way from Cackalack. Grateful for YOU!

• Billybuc November 28, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

Rest when needed, Lil Sis! The body and mind will always let you know when that time comes. Hugs accepted and hugs returned….Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend!

11. Shell Vera November 28, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

This was so beautiful! I am heading over to read it. I love great writing! Happy Thanksgiving, Bill!

• Billybuc November 28, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

Thank you Shell! Andrea really is quite talented. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

12. Shauna L Bowling December 2, 2019 at 3:13 pm #

I will definitely check out Andrea’s blog, Bill. The excerpt you posted has drawn my interest!

I hope you and Bev had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Billybuc December 2, 2019 at 4:13 pm #

We did, Sha, and I hope the same for you. We joined family…about fifteen…out at the farm. I put in my two hours and then came home to the dogs. 🙂